KFC has been asking all summer to start back in gymnastics. We finished at The Little Gym back in June and I knew I wanted her to take the summer off. I also wanted to start her at a gymnastics place that was right down the road from our house and they didn't start doing classes till their fall session. Her first class was this past Thursday. Its a nice gym! It has everything in it that you would need for a competitive gymnastics team. While I loved TLG, it was more for fun and play and something we could enjoy together while she was young. Now that she is a little older she will be able to progress more at a 'real' gym.
So far there is 2 other little girls that are sisters and 1 little boy in her class. The girls ages were 2 and 3, and the little boy was 3! While I wouldn't call KFC advanced, but she put those kids to shame! The instructors were doing very basic skills she learned back at TLG over a year ago. I will see how this weeks class goes, but I'm thinking the class she is in now is just too young for her. The next class up is Level 1 gymnastics and I'm not sure if she is ready for that. I just hate they don't have a 4-5 year old class!
This was my favorite that they got to do... They have a long rectangular trampoline that is built into floor level. The kids were to jump down it and into the PIT! The one thing I miss most about doing gymnastics was the pit ~ aka the big hole with the foam blocks! I think KFC liked it but she wasn't sure of it at first.
At the end of the class the instructor asked if KFC has had any experience before! haha She said she could tell. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment