Monday, August 8, 2011

Anniversaries


Last Tuesday, the 2nd, was Hubby and I's 8 Year Anniversary! Unfortunately this year we didn't do anything. The day came and gone like any other day. Hubby even thought our anniversary was the day after! I had planned on surprising Hubby at work for lunch and was going to wrap him a present of a box of energy drinks... since that was the only {cheap} thing I could think of that he would have actually wanted! Never got to make it there because a friend needed a service partner that day for she was babysitting 3 kids and I had a van. Guess my time was better spent helping others! :) I'm hoping we will be able to take a postponed trip to somewhere in the fall. Just happy that we have made it 8 years as a married couple and 4 years as parents together!


Also, this past Saturday, the 6th, marked my 1 Year Anniversary on the creation of my blog! When I first was introduced into the blogging world, I was very ignorant in how it worked and what it was all about. When KFC was around 2 I started writing her a journal of what us as a family were doing and the special events we went to. I wanted some way of documenting her growing up, so that one day we could look back and remember the small details of that day that our brains decide not to remember! One Problem... I am NOT a scrapbooker and this journal was not big enough to include pictures (pictures are worth 1,000 words...plus the words I wanted to add to them!). Last year I decided to give blogging a try. I tried to keep my original intent of documenting our lives together. I have thrown in some posts here and there that were somewhat unrelated to our family as a whole, such as 'Meaningless Mondays', etc, but these posts included something about Me (figured in my journal I could be selfish sometimes), photography was a hobby of mine back in HighSchool and the meaningless mondays posts was where I could take random pictures of anything I wanted. 

My blog has had some tweaks over the year, making it more into what I was wanting out of it. I have learned how to create a banner to have at the top. I have changed up the dimensions of the columns so as to be able to make the pictures as big as blogger will allow me. Photographs I feel tell the story and my words just add the fine detail to the things we might not remember when looking back. I have added MANY other blogs to my side bar too. I have found TONS of inspiration and ideas ranging from arts/crafts, organization, freebies, sewing tips, and homeschooling help.

Here are some of my blog stats over this past year:
109 Blog Posts
3,480 all-time Pageviews
The post "Baby Chicks" got the most pageviews coming in at 44;
followed by my "Shingles" post at 23 pageviews! haha
'My Audience' pageviews- US(3,451), Belize(4), Canada/Germany/United Kingdom(3), Australia/Netherlands/Ukraine(2), France&Mexico(2)

~While I have loved reading all comment from my viewers, I have decided to remove the comments section from my posts. This blog was also created to be able to share with our friends/family the things we have been up to, but the sole purpose is my journal to my family. 
Thanks to All Who Have 'Follow'ed Us!!!