Sunday, September 4, 2011

Fork, Knife, And Spoon

Several months back I found a blog that showed how this couple created 3 wall plaques of a fork, knife, and spoon for their kitchen. I knew I wanted something like this and I knew exactly where it was going. I mentioned to Hubby what I wanted and he was 'supposed' to make me the silverware out of metal from his work. I guess since he had to design it on CAD first it never got completed. But last week, he came home with some scrap wood from work, that was thrown in dumpster, to make me my plaques!!! After scaling up the picture from that blog, I was able to somewhat print off the size we needed. After a few adjustments on the drawings, we were ready to cut it out! Jig sawed it out, sanded it down, primed it, and painted it black. I wanted flat black but the spray can was very misleading because it turned out with a sheen. Oh well. 

Here was our process...



Them up on the wall!


Here is the pic I got my inspiration from

IMG_0803

Love my new Fork, Knife, and Spoon plaques! Especially when this project was FREE!!!!!