Friday, June 10, 2011

'She Likes To Move It, Move It'


Today was KFC's last day at dance class. They had a little dance recital, "The Big Show" today. Daddy, Chessy, Grandma, & Grandma T all came out to see KFC dance! She did GREAT! I wasn't expecting too much since she only works of KFC's schedule. She started off not doing too much, but soon got into the routine! Hubby video taped while I took pictures. And let me warn you, there are a lot of pictures! :)

For their 'costumes' TLG offered hula skirts and lays. Well our dog got a hold of the lay and broke it into pieces. KFC was VERY upset. So I took the pieces of flowers and made a hairbow out of it. It looked so cute with her outfit, kinda glad the dog got into it now! I attempted to apply make-up but for some reason KFC's skin doesn't show anything I applied. I put a ton of blush on her cheeks and it looks like I did nothing. I also put on pink eye shadow and unless you were in her face you couldn't tell. Mascara is about the only thing that looked different.



The "Big Show" consisted of a tap dance, a ballet dance, and some gymnastics- beam and bar routine. For the tap and ballet part the class did each dance twice, good because it helped the kids remember the routine the second time around.

The kids making their entrance


My pretty girl!


The tap dance


Sitting against the wall waiting to start ballet



Ballet Dance





Next was the gymnastics part. Here are all the kids sitting and waiting for their next instructions


Their 'warm-up' routine


Balance Beam routine. The bottom right picture is when KFC was having a MAJOR meltdown! After she dismounted the beam she ran over to play on the bars, daddy came and told her to sit with the class, and she lost it! All she wanted was to show us her pull-over. Took a little while to get her calmed down and back sitting with the class.


Bars routine. Right after I took the picture on the right, KFC said she wanted to do it again, meaning a pull over, so the teacher decides to whip KFC's body around into a hip circle! VERY impressed that KFC hung on and finished it with arms straight!!! This is a very advanced move. I got this on video but not on camera. :(


KFC getting her medal and her big "TaDa" up on the mat


Everyone sitting together with their medals



2 comments: