I have been wanting to do some more sewing but the joy of it was just not there for a long time. I even had lowered the sewing machine back inside its cabinet! - Which I have not done since I brought it home! But something clicked and I got back into the groove. I saw this tutorial, back in early May, from a blog I follow make it and love it. I knew I wanted to make this dress for KFC but was unsure if I could actually do it. It was a little more involved than the 'pillowcase' dress I have previously made. Her post said that making it was not as hard as it looked, so I decided to at least attempt it. KFC and I went this past Friday to buy the fabric.
The fabric really needed the use of a serger! Although I wish I had one, they kinda make me nervous on how to use them!!! I asked a friend that has one if she would do it for me. I also needed button holes made into the top and of course my machine didn't have the correct foot for that. She was able to do both for me! Now the dress looks 'professional'! haha
Dress Completed
My Model
Here is what the dress looks like from the blog I got it from... and what I went by every step of the way!





No comments:
Post a Comment