Back in February, after we got our tax return, Hubby got to work on building us a shed. We were in Desperate need of storage space!!!!! We have no attic so everything got crammed into our "extra" bedroom. I hated to even walk in that room to find anything because it was SOOO packed and unorganized. Hubby was a 'little' off on budget and we quickly ran out of funds. But it was all resolved when Hubby got rear ended! Instead of fixing the van we put the repair money towards the shed and got it finished! Yay! :) I now have a extra bedroom that I can actually walk into, move around, and have it suitable for if any guests decide to sleep over!
Here is the process of building the shed and also a garden for me!
First night we got supplies at Lowes Hubby's brother & family were out at the house. Here is KFC and Cousin P riding on the cart
Framing the floor and the walls, and putting siding up
Adding the "attic" part of the shed, framing a door, and finishing the siding
Our little helper
Shed completion along with a lean-to surrounded by a gate so our German Shepard can't eat up everything. Hubby really wanted the shed to match our house, he did match the shingles but the color was a little off. The color swatch her brought home did look like it should have matched, oh well, still looks good. And he designed and built it all himself!
Next was to make a Vegetable Garden for me. I attempted a small garden at our old house but things grew out of control. I am attempting again this year. I am starting simple, squash, zucchini, cucumber, tomato and jalapeño is all I planted. If I get success this year I will try more of a variety next year. I planted kinda late in the season so the plants are still small. Some have started to flower and the jalapeño plant has a tiny jalapeño starting to grow. Since pumpkins are my absolute favorite, I am going to try and grow some this year. I just read that they need to be planted now, so hopefully I can get some seeds started this weekend!
Hubby added this picket fence to keeps the dogs out. We added white pebble rocks around the bed. We also moved our iron bench down there too, just need to get a cushion for it.







Great job Bryan! The garden area looks great! I can't wait to do our own raised garden. I want one soo bad!
ReplyDelete