Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Redneck Decorating

So how do you decorate redneck style exactly??? Well of course with a lot of snow, a spray bottle, and some water with food coloring! I was looking to jazz up a snowman, but Bryan took it to the next level.

We tried making a snowman, but our snow was too fluffy and not packable, so we kinda left it as a big mound of snow. I went in and got the spray bottle and made this. I think it looks like cotton candy!




I next had an idea of creating Kaile's name in the snow using small loaf pans as molds to form the letters. After a few brinks of trying to pack that annoying snow I gave up and only ended up with a 'K' and then turned it pink.


Bryan could sense that I really did want a snowman, so he made a tiny one beside our steps. He pulled some pieces off our pine tree for its arms and its crazy hair. It has rocks for its eyes and nose making the snowman now look like an owl. Oh well, still very cute. This is when Bryan got excited with the colors and made our new friend Blue. I really liked him now! So here is the before...


And here is him blue. I also added him a scarf from some fabric pieces I had.


Here is where the REAL redneck decorating came in. I made a comment about coloring the snow that was atop our bushes in front of the house... and Bryan got to work!








We really did have fun with it. And you couldn't tell from the road unless you were looking closely.

No comments:

Post a Comment