Sunday, December 26, 2010

Penny


Here she is! She, you might ask??? Well, this is my chicken that I sewed, and I have named her Penny after my favorite 'real' chicken died this past year. Even though the original Penny was a red chicken, I still felt the need to name the first chicken I made after her. Had same 'whoops' in the process of making her, but I think she turned out okay. First her waddle fell off when I turned her right-side out, I guess I didn't sew the fabric correctly. Then her poor buttons that are her eyes. They are matching buttons and on one side I turned the button with the smooth side out (above picture), then on the other side, somehow the button slid down while I was sewing on and I kept sewing it in the wrong place so she looks crazy on one side (below picture)! I got this idea from good ole Martha Stewart site. I printed out the templates and enlarged them on the copier. All of the pieces came out perfectly sized to match their counterparts.




Here is my original Penny. She is the one on the right; Gloria is on the left. This was their first day out of their coop after we got them. That was always their favorite thing to do- scratching for bugs! And they were very good at it! Miss my girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment