Thursday, April 7, 2011

No Cavities!

Kaile had a dental appointment yesterday and she did GREAT! We have never had an appointment where she did not cry at some point. She would never sit in the chair by herself either. I have always had to have her sit in my lap and lay down in the assistants lap. She kept telling me before she got there that she wasn't going to cry. So I had high hopes for this one! Sure enough, she hopped right into the chair all by herself. She looked a little nervous at first but she pulled through!

See the death grip...


Here is a smile!


Time for the cleaning. She said it tickled a little. She kept her mouth opened wide for the assistant...and didn't bite him! haha
He is showing her the big toothbrush and the special toothpaste.




When you turn 4 years old, they start fluoride treatments. I was nervous about how she would do with this one! I have a really bad gag reflex so I didn't know if she would inherit this "problem". She did AWESOME! He put the tray in along with Mr. Thirsty and she sat there the whole time without complaining! I was showing her pictures of how funny she looked to try and distract her. It worked I guess!




I am now very optimistic about taking her to the dentist! .......until it time for x-rays AGAIN!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great Job Kaile!!!! I alway have the death grip too and I'm way older than 4!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Kaile! Aren't good visits so encouraging! They make you brave the next thing with ease.

    ReplyDelete