Thursday, January 13, 2011

Silhouettes

I have been wanting to do this for a while now and just never got around to it. I took side profile pictures of the kids and dogs- this part took days to do, since the kids would never stay still how I needed them to before I could get the camera focused, and the dogs would either run away or see me 'up to something' and came over to see what I was doing! After finally collecting a massive amount of pictures...
1. I decided on the ones I was going to use
2. I printed them out on the printer
3. I cut the outline of the heads out
4. Traced the outline onto black construction paper
5. And cut the outline out again
6. Glued them on scrapbook paper I already had

Maggie


Elle


Kaile


I did one of Wyatt too, but I forgot to take a picture of it before I gave it away
Besides buying the frames, at $3 each, the project was essentially free! Everything I used I already had around the house! I think I am going to hang these up in our bathroom- Bryan's not so sure of this idea, oh well I like it. So you should be able to see them on the wall when I post the before/after pics of the bathroom.

3 comments:

  1. Such an awesome craft! I am totally digging all of your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to do this for a long time. Didn't think of doing with with a camera though. I'll be copying this one :) Great job! Where'd you find the frames?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frames were a Walmart special! haha They are kinda on the cheap side, like the pokie thing that sticks out so you can sit it on a table is really cheap, but I'm, hanging it so I didn't care. And it matched my silver theme I got going on in the bathroom too.

    ReplyDelete