Saturday, January 8, 2011

Gotta Love A Bargain!

I have been wanting to get a new light fixture for our bathroom. I really wanted a small chandelier to go in the spot where the tub and shower are but the ones I found were either way too expensive or too big. I have been searching craigslist for one that I could revamp... but no such luck. The one I really wanted was this one from Ikea. I still didn't want to pay the $39.99 price tag, even though it is A LOT cheaper then any other I have found.

As we were walking down the main isle of Lowes today, I spotted a hanging light pendent that I thought the colors may go good with the color we just pained to bathroom. When I got up to the light I saw the lovely sticker hanging from it that clearly stated 'CLEARANCE'! Wow, so I thought I was in luck, I looked at the tag for the letter and number to find where its location was on the shelving below... there was NONE left!!! :-( I went to find Bryan, so that he could find a Lowes worker to ask if we could have the store model. Mr. Lowes Man said 'well, sure you can have it'! Yay :-) Here is the bargain: We got it for $14.75 when it was originally $59.00! That's a savings of $44.25!!!


After much gripeing and complaining from Bryan having to hang it- not because he had to hang it but because nothing is easy to do in our house, there is always some alteration to be made to get it to work/fit. None the less, here it is and I LOVE IT!!!




We are in the process of putting up a glass tile border around the mirror, which should be finished grouting by tomorrow. Once that is done, I will post before and after pics of what this bathroom used to look like. Totally different looks! My bathroom now feels clean and inviting!

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty, I love it! Can't wait to see the completed bathroom :)

    ReplyDelete