This semester in gymnastics marks her 1 year anniversary. She has came along way from when she first started until now. We began her gymnastics career as a parent-child class. But this past fall, she moved up to the older class where I have to sit in the waiting room and watch. She has done very good at staying in there by herself and following directions!
Here she is when she first started. As you can see, she still was attached to her passy.
Here is one of our make-up classes, where Daddy got to join in, while I took pictures.
Now back to the present...This is the 'Program' that we got when we came in.
Here are all the kid's names, and on the right was what they were doing in their routines.
Okay, so he are the pictures of her doing her skills. Let me warn you... I forgot my camera that morning, so all of these pictures were taken with my phone... and they are BLURRY. And no its not your eyes!
After their intro of running in and doing their 'warm-up'. They brought out noodles for them to do various tasks with. I think Kaile is trying to do a forward roll over the noodle.
Teacher Damien gets them to line up in a train to keep the kids together while moving to the next station. Kaile is second to the end. She pushed that end boy back because she wanted to hold the shoulders of a girl and not a boy! I know right!
They started on the bars for their first routine. Here Kaile is stepping up on teacher Damien's leg to pull up to a front support.
And a 'Basket Hang' to finish the bar routine.
Next, they moved to the beam, where they did many skills down it...
And then onto the floor. Here she is doing her 'monkey jump', aka cart-wheel to most but not at TLG, over the mat.
They did the vault last, but she was not interested and I had no more energy to move to the other side and get a picture with my crappy phone! The phone and I were Done!
Next they had 'free play'. I guess they did this so they could set up the end stuff. So this is where Wyatt got to play on the equipment! He did a really good job! I think its partly because he doesn't have much fear. He let me swing him over the bars, and he walked down the high beam, with my help, and then jumped off the end onto a squishy mat!
Here are the two of them, doing what?... I have no idea.
All the kids re-grouped and the teachers gave each one, including Wyatt, a scarf to play with. Kaile ALWAYS chooses pink, so I guess thats why Wyatt did too! ;-)
Did you see them run by! I know, I told you they were blurry!
At the end of every class they will circle up and sing their goodbye song. Wyatt was a very good listener as he did everything the teacher asked the kids to do. He is sitting straight in front of the camera and Kaile is off to the right.
This coming up Friday will start her new class of Dance. They still do a little bit of gymnastics, but this class includes Tap, Ballet, and creative movement. I think she was getting burnt out on her class and its big size. And she has been asking to be a ballerina for a while now, so that's why we made the switch at the new Winter/Spring semester. We will see if we have a budding ballerina on our hands!

















No comments:
Post a Comment