Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Museum Day

I spent the day with a friend and her son at the Museum of Life and Science today. It was a nice day out and wasn't too hot. We started the day off with a train ride, which was fun... brings memories of when I used to ride it as a kid, and the wind felt great as the train went around the track. Next we went to the Butterfly House. In the picture on the left, the kids are looking up for the butterflies. Then as you can guess, Kaile is way over exaggerating the fact that a butterfly just flew past her head!
These birds were just walking around inside the butterfly house. They were so cool. They reminded me of my chickens. They were scratching around the dirt like chickens, and they would come right up to you. I especially love the one with the red Mohawk!
The kids sat at this window of hatching butterflies for a long time. Its fun to just see their enthralment of these pretty creatures.
This is the butterfly that I found to be really pretty. I like how he is still standing on his cocoon.
For some reason this cow loved Kaile. Kaile finally decided to touch the cows nose and as soon as she did, the cow lifted his head from behind the door, then preceded to let out a very loud 'MOOOOOO'! Kaile was in my arms and she did all she could to get as far away from the cow!!! I guess as small as she is and as big as the cow was up close, it could be very intemidating. But I loved to hear him moo and found it very amusing.
Us and the kids looking at the cutest baby pig! It started to rain after we watched the pigs, so we went inside to get the kids a treat from the gift shop.
This is Kaile on the 'small' chair
Now here she is on the 'medium' chair
And finally the 'x-large' chair. I feel like she is in Alice in Wonderland!

No comments:

Post a Comment