Loved our Circuit Assembly this year! I heard it was good and it didn't disappoint. The kids seem to pleasantly surprise me each and every assembly with their good behavior. I used to dread assemblies with kids but now I actually look forward to them, knowing I will most likely get something out of it! Little P actually slept through the entire first half of the program on Saturday - from right after the opening song all the way to lunch! I was even able to take notes while writing on top of her! The first day I didn't even bring my camera and on Sunday I just didn't care. Sooo, hardly any pictures were taken. Oh well.
Hubby had to work a few Saturdays ago at work which made it possible for us to actually get a hotel room And for 2 nights!! No driving 4 hours each day made the weekend Much more enjoyable! The hotel was awesome. KFC loved that we were on "vacation" and they had a POOL! The lady that took our reservations over the phone was so nice! I asked if the rooms with king beds had a pull out couch also. She said only a few do and that she can't guarantee we would get one. I just said ok, if not we will just put our daughter in the bed with us. Before we got off the phone she said she put in our reservation that we MUST have a pull out couch! THANKS lady! And sure enough, we were giving that! It worked out so well. KFC slept on the un-pulled out couch and we had Little P's pack-n-play butted up to it so she wouldn't roll off and me and Hubby had our king bed with plenty of space! Little P loved the room too, lots of new things to check out!
Saturday after the Assembly ended, I got on my phone and put in an online order to Outback. By the time we drove there, which wasn't but an exit up from us, our food was ready and we never had to get out of the car. The lady brought our food to us, we paid, and enjoyed our super fast restaurant cooked meal right in our hotel room! Didn't have to worry about kids acting nuts in a restaurant and they could play while we ate, oh and we saved money on a tip! We were done eating and down by the pool by 5:30/6pm.
Sunday during lunch we ate outside on the grass then headed over to the pond area to let the kids play. There was a fairly steep hill that I was waiting for Little P to go rolling all the way down. The pond had turtles everywhere in it and they were waiting for all the friends to feed them their leftovers from lunch! Next time maybe we will bring some actual turtle food for them.
The past several weeks I have been having a lot of nursing issues with not making enough milk. I have been instructed to pump every 2-3 hours. Of course this happens right before the Assembly. Which means I had to wash bottles and pump parts constantly since I only have 2 sets of each and I was stuck in the dreaded mothers room more often! While it was nice to have access to be able to hear and see the assembly still going on, this room has turned into a socializing place for mothers with all age ranges of kids and other random sisters to use the 'private' bathroom in there. Several times I couldn't even hear the program. And the best part... I needed an outlet in order to pump... there were 3 outlets in there 1-in the entry way where anyone in the hallway would see you when the door was opened, 2- above the changing area and sink, 3- in the middle of all the action between the sink/bathroom/and room with the chairs. Everyone that walked in stared at me, one lady asked what I was doing, while older toddlers kept coming up and trying to take my pump parts. *Sigh* I hope one day Little P will appreciate what I do for her, hahaha.
My area. I could turn the chair a little so I could actually see a sliver of the TV. This picture was taken during the lunch break. Nice no one was in there, but not fun to have to miss most of my lunch break and only have like 15 min to scarf down my sandwich.
and me hooked up to my milk machine in the hotel.
Each morning we stopped at Subway to get our lunch. I guess everyone else caught on to this great idea because on Sunday Hubby was in there for about 30 min waiting in line! Good thing he went early to save us seats cause we were late getting there. Me and KFC trying to entertain ourselves while waiting forever in the car!











Sorry the mothers room was busy with non-nursing mothers your weekend. Ours was nice and calm with the exception of a few. One mother was straightening her hair while her toddler dumped yogurt all over the floor :/ Another had 3 older kids sitting around while she yelled at them that she wanted to listen to the program. I'm like "go sit down then!" smh people!
ReplyDelete