Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Back to School Again

This summer has just flown by!!! I felt like we were constantly busy with little time to do anything. KFC nagged every day for something "fun" to do. Hanging out around the house wasn't cutting it for her. I tried my best to keep up with her but I still think she stayed bored. Needless to say, I sure am glad for school to start back up. The small naps little P takes during the day is much needed for my brain health! Although little P seems to be extra needy now that KFC is not there to entertain her!

I promised KFC a party for completing Kindergarten. With our crazy schedule, poor KFC didn't get that party till 1 week before she started 1st grade! But none the less, she at least GOT her party and she was happy! I found a cute Fairy Mystery Party game online that I ordered for her. She loves fairies and the mystery was for them to figure out what happened to their missing fairy dust. I had her cousin BT to read the script for us and he did an Excellent job. While his parents made him the BEST fairy costume out there! The kids quickly got bored with all the clue writing they had to do so I threw out the game and just told them to go find the dust. I had so many other games to be played for the party but it decided to rain the whole day so all outside activities were cut. The whole thing was definitely not what I had originally planned but Kaile loved it and loved playing with her fairy friends.

KFC made a sign for the door


KFC ~ Ballerina Fairy




KFC was so excited to see BT


Biscuit ~ Fairy Florist


Our attempt at making a very last minute backdrop for the fairies




Pipes ~ Fairy Wing Repair Shop Owner


K ~ Fairy Flight Instructor


C ~ Fairy Make-up Artist


BT ~ Terrance


Little P finally made it in a picture! I wish I had gotten a better picture of her baby fairy wings. They were so cute!


Cousin Love


With only 4 days left of summer vacation, I wanted to get one last fun thing in before KFC started school, so we found a really cute kids museum about an hour away. We got there around 1pm and we totally could have made a whole day of it. Even Little P had a great time. I did have to find a private spot to nurse but she stayed relatively happy till about 4pm. There was endless stuff to do and play with there!


A Mini Train where you could throw in coals. Or in the back part where you could sit at tables and chairs that had tea set up.


Sit in the cock pit of a real plane where you could press all the buttons and a slide to come out on, on the other side


Camping area. Little P loved the pots and pans




A real Firetruck where you could also mess with all the buttons




A Mail area. I was trying to ship little P off. The base of the scale wiggled back and forth and she LOVED sitting on there rocking!!










and an old mail truck to sit in


Playing House Area. The girls were enjoying some spaghetti


Picking some carrots from the garden...


and watching the chicken coop


This was KFC's favorite area! She REALLY wants to be on TV!!


Little P was doing the cooking segment


KFC acted out her news anchor position so many times! She was dead serious about it too!


They had a newborn area. Little P was not very happy I was making her a newborn again!




There was a drama area. KFC was pretending she was a character in the drama at our last convention!


A full pretend grocery store. This little girl stayed at the register and was checking everyone out. So cute! She even put their groceries in reusable bags for them and loaded them back in their grocery cart!


And then it finally came... The First Day of First Grade!!


She seems to overall like going to school. She is not thrilled to be having to actually learn more this year. It seems like its going to be a little tougher but I know she will do fine. She is a Super reader! Just have to work on her caring to learn. I don't love her teacher this year. Very blah and not as personable as last year's teacher. I'm hoping we will grow to like her! :) KFC likes her, so I guess that's a plus!

2 comments:

  1. I feel so terrible that we missed the party. :(
    The picture of P in the nursery bed lined up with all the black babies had me dying laughing!!!! hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what an exciting time - I had fun just reading about everything. Loved everyone's fairy costumes. Great job!

    ReplyDelete