Fall is my favorite season! It includes all my favorite things... Cooler weather, layered clothing, hot soup/cocoa/tea, no bugs, camping, and most importantly PUMPKINS! Pumpkins are by far my most favorite thing in the world! Along with all the other winter squash family, I love their shapes, colors, textures, and sizes. At the first sight of pumpkins/squash in the grocery store, KFC and I have started our collection. I think she loves them as much as I do!
I also love anything cooked with pumpkin too! I found a recipe for pumpkin bread and decided to try it out. It yielded 2 loaf pans but instead I made 1 loaf pan and the rest into muffins. The muffins turned out great but for some reason after taking the loaf pan out of the oven the bread collapsed. It was truly the ugliest looking thing I have ever baked... But it was absolutely delicious! It was firm on the outside and gooey on the inside!
This year I finally remembered to buy a mum before they were all gone! I choose the peach colored one and placed it on our back deck. Its nice to have some color out there again.
Last weekend, MIL surprised me with one of the greatest gifts... A knitted PUMPKIN pin cushion that she made herself! I didn't think I could love anything more than the pumpkin she got me last year that was made from dried real pumpkin skin!, but this knitted pumpkin is equally loved! I can't get KFC to stop playing with it, but I guess I can learn to share! :)
I am now looking forward to all of the activities I have planned for fall!

