Tuesday, March 8, 2011

PenPals

I signed Kaile up for a Pen Pal over at 'tatertots & jello'. She paired up each kid with another kid about the same age. A couple weeks ago we got the email saying that we were paired up with a 4 1/2 year old boy named Noah from Washington state. Kaile's preschool, last month, has been talking about writing letters and mailboxes so I knew this would be a great time for Kaile to get and to start to understand what a pen pal is. I have had a hard time getting her to sit with me to write him a letter! She was always preoccupied with something else or we had sickness through the house and I was too tired to even attempt it. We received Noah's letter last week. Kaile was very excited to see it, but I wouldn't show it to her until she agreed to sit and write him back. This morning, I called her into the kitchen to sit with me at the table and Finally write it! And she did it without complaining! Yay. Here are their letters:

Envelope to Kaile


Front of his card


Back of the card


Inside the card


Kaile's letter. Yes, that's a self portrait at the bottom!


We included in her letter: a picture of Kaile, two pictures of her baby chicks, and some 'Cars' stickers because in Noah's letter he mentioned he likes 'Lightning McQueen'.


2 comments:

  1. that's SO cute! I LOVED having penpals growing up! I still have all of my letters from my friends :)

    ReplyDelete