Hubby picked out a weekend for us to go to the beach. Since we have been so insanely busy I was hesitant about being gone Another weekend. But I ended up becoming so excited about it. I realized I couldn't remember when or IF we have ever been on a family vacation with it just us! It was SOOO nice to get away and spend quality time as a family! No one else to worry about and we were on our own schedule. I had planned for us to do certain things while we were there but I also wanted the weekend to be easy going. A no schedule schedule!
Mornings were spent hanging out on the dock, coloring with chalk, and I actually had some time to knit!! Little P would take her morning nap then we moved on to the days activities.
Every morning P steals KFC's mini poptarts! Little sister is gonna eat all of big sisters food!
We decided to go to Fort Macon Friday since Saturday looked like rain. On our way there, we saw the school activity bus following behind us! There were lots of kids there, slightly annoying since they had a guy giving a lecture in the middle of the fort and we had to quietly go around them. But kinda neat to hear him tell the story of the fort.
My attempt at getting a family shot inside the fort. Only took one picture, guess next time I should look to see if it came out or not.
Aquarium was Saturday. Little P absolutely LOVED it!!!! I had no expectation of her even caring about being there but she was amazed with each and every tank she looked at!!! Fun to watch the joy in her eyes.
KFC doctoring her "sick" turtle
We had to take our usual trip to Walmart while we were there! The girls got to get a new toy!
Before we left to go home, we headed back to Fort Macon to walk on the rocks on the beach. Sadly we didn't find them. Guessing they are gone?? So we just played on the remnants and took pictures!
Why are the kids never photo ready!?
Some action shots


























You guys certainly did a lot for having a no schedule schedule ;). I love when you can get away with just your family. I'm trying to plan a trip like that for us. Love all the pics! The museum should give you your money back for letting that giant crab eat k and b....
ReplyDeletelove the pictures.
ReplyDelete