Saturday, August 4, 2012

28 Weeks



Baby Stats:
Baby should be a little over 2 lbs now. I feel like she is an octopus because she moves around so much. I will feel a kick over here, then over there, then somewhere else! From the 3D ultrasound we just had, she is a contortionist... she was completely bent in half. Some days she seems to sleep a lot while others she is moving constantly all day. 

Mommy Stats:
This past OB visit I didn't gain any weight since the last visit! Yay! The past couple weeks I haven't been able to eat very much at each meal. I guess since she is pushing up on my stomach, I get full very fast! I have been more tired the past couple weeks. Maybe her growth spurt has made my body work harder. I have now started the stage of uncomfortable-ness when I sleep.  I am completely fine during the day, but when I try to sleep, my lower back is in pain, if I lay on my back I feel like I can't breath, and to turn over feels like I am lifting 100 lbs on my belly. 

This week at my OB visit, it was very uneventful. Dr. measured my belly - measuring on time, we listened to the heartbeat - sounded good, my blood pressure is staying really low, and I didn't gain any weight. My body this pregnancy is doing so much better than with KFC. So far I haven't had any new stretchmarks. My old ones from KFC are really visible now that my belly is stretched but at least they are silvery and not bright red looking claw marks. I also, had my glucose test this week to check for gestational diabetes. I haven't gotten the results back, so hopefully if I hear nothing back that means I passed! I have now entered into the next phase of the OB schedule where I go back every 2 weeks instead of 4. Just means this pregnancy is getting closer to the end! :(  

We also went to have a 3D ultrasound done. With KFC I did her 3D at 28 weeks. So now that I'm at 28 weeks, I called to make an appointment for next week and the lady told me that they were running a special that day and the next for half off any package! That meant I could get the package that I wanted for $40 cheaper than I would have spent on a lower package!!! When I called we had just gotten home, and was about 3:30pm and she said the only appointment time she had was 5:45pm. So I quickly called Hubby to let him know and I packed up me and KFC and headed out to pick up a friend on the way to meet Hubby. The ultrasound place was near the airport. I thought we were making great time until we were dead stopped on the highway! Ugh, I didn't want to be late and it take away from my quick 20 minute appointment! After many side roads to avoid traffic we just ended up in more traffic and we were 10 minutes late! The lady was so super nice and there wasn't anyone scheduled till 6:30pm so she took us on back. Started the ultrasound and oh look, the baby is facing my back!! Couldn't get a single shot of her face!!! Lady told us to go eat and come back to see if she had moved. I ate, had some on Hubby spicy wing sauce, and jiggled her the entire time. Went back in, and she had turned 'a little'! Still no way we were going to see her face. :( The lady is allowing us to come back in 3 weeks to try again for free. 

Besides her facing my back, she was 100% breach! Lady said that being breach is one reason for us not being able to see her face. Not seeing her face is sad for me, but being breach just scares me! By this time KFC was head down and stayed that way the remainder of the time. The baby's head was about where my rib cage is and her butt was bellow my belly button. She was completely folded in half with her feet up at her head the whole time! Now how is that comfortable!? But I guess she liked it because she had one hand on her head and the other hand holding her foot. I'm glad I get to go back in 3 weeks so I can make sure exactly what position she is in! While the lady was in 2D, we were able to see her yawning / drinking. While I want to see what her face looks like, my other favorite part is to just see what she is doing in there. Its so neat to see what she's up to and her personality. 

Here is her hand up at the side of her head.


Here, she is holding her foot


Here is both of her feet and that one hand holding her foot.


Again confirming her Girl parts!