Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Summer Beach Trip 2012

This post is without pictures... Pregnancy brain has been in full swing and I FORGOT my camera! We spent a little over a week at the beach. Hubby never has vacation time and this year he was bumped up to the max number of vacation days you can earn there, so this year we have been enjoying them up. I just told him to make sure he saved one week for when the baby gets here. When we had KFC, hubby had no days. By the time we got home from the hospital, I was on my own. I had planned on KFC and I staying at the beach from June 28 - July 8. Hubby decided he wanted to spend that week with us too, so he took off work.

The Wednesday before we left, I felt what I assumed were just regular ole braxton hicks accompanied with back pain. Suffered through the meeting that night and they eventually went away by the time I went to bed. Thursday came and the same pain started up around lunch time. KFC and I rode to the beach with Papa. I tried to deal with the pain the whole car ride. About 20 miles from the Island, the pain started getting worse. By the time we arrived at the house I was in SERVER pain. Knew that this can't be normal, I left Papa to put KFC to bed and got my mom to drive me to the ER. That was the longest ride ever! Didn't just feel like, it really was a long way away. The lady checking my in at the ER had me put into a wheelchair and wheeled directly to the Labor and Delivery triage rooms. They hooked me up to the machine to monitor my contractions. Baby wouldn't stay still long enough for them to get a complete heart rate, so they wheeled in an ultrasound machine and the baby's heart rate was 150. They did a full pelvic exam, urine sample, and blood work. All while I was begging for them to give me something for all the pain. After about 3 hours, the Dr came back in and said that my urine had lots of blood in it with no white blood cells, which meant no infection (UTI) but a Kidney Stone! I haven't had one in over 3 years and I hoped that I was in the clear once I got pregnant. I barely was able to manage them not pregnant and I didn't know what I would do if I got them while pregnant. Dr sent me home with muscle relaxers and Vicodin. That is equivalent to taking Tylenol for a migraine! I was SOOOO thankful that Hubby was with me that whole week. Most of my attacks happened in the middle of the night. I would have to wake him up, get him to put counter-pressure on my back while I rubbed my contractions down and rocked back and forth. I had bruises on my back the next day. Most of these episodes have lasted between 6-8 hours at a time with the most excruciating pain lasting from 1-2 hours. My body was exhausted!!! Yesterday was my first day without him and I was super nervous. I had had a bad episode Sunday evening and I think I scared the mess out of KFC when I was basically screaming. I didn't know how I was going to handle 1. the pain by myself and 2. having to take care of KFC. Luckily, yesterday, the pain started right about the time Hubby was leaving the hospital . I made myself a hot bath, took my drugs, made sure KFC had some dinner, and into the bath I went. KFC was such a great helper!!! She told me she could push on my back like daddy did. She got the heating pad out and plugged in, ready for when I got out of the bath. She was feeding me Doritos and water! My own personal assistant! I stayed in pretty bad pain the rest of the night and about 9:30pm the excruciating pain kicked in. Hubby was putting KFC to bed so I was on my own. By 10:30 I thought I was going to loose my mind. Hubby eventually came to assist me and helped me till it went away, and then I fell asleep. So far the stone has not moved in over a week. Don't know how many more days I can take of this. 

Back to our beach trip. The first weekend we were there K&L and family and Chessy were down there. We spent the days with them on the beach. KFC and cousin P hardly ever left the water! KFC was so exhausted at night. The rest of the week, we spent the day either on the beach or swimming in the canals. By the end of the week, I think we were all done with being in the sun. No one got burnt so that was a plus. 

While we were down there, we got a call that Hubby's Grandma was in the hospital. We kept up with updates when they were available. Then we got a call Friday from the friend that was looking after our dogs, saying that one of them had dug under the fence and was no where around. I decided to go ahead and pack up and head home that night. Too much going on that it was just time to come home. Our dog had escaped a few times in the past few weeks and always stayed around the house till we let her back in the fence. I had no doubt that she would be there when we showed up at the house that night. We got home around 10pm and she wasn't there. Our other dog was so lonely that she was all over us. The next morning we went out looking for her. Searched all the nearby neighborhoods and nothing. We went to get breakfast and paint, and on the way home Hubby say what he was sure was her on the side of the road. I didn't see her since I was looking out my window. We got home and Hubby asked for rubber gloves and said he was sure he found her. KFC and I stayed home while he went back down the street to go get her. It was definitely her, so he brought her back home to bury in the woods behind our house. I noticed a bottle rocket in our back yard when got home Friday. She was terrified of thunder and especially of fireworks. I assume the neighbors lit off fireworks Wednesday night, scared her so bad that she dug herself out and ran for it. Hubby said she was about a mile from our house. She must have been in the middle of the road when a car hit her. 

This trip was the first time in years that we have had a whole week off for vacation. I will re-think it next time we decided to take a long vacation again. From the moment vacation started I was in pain to end the vacation in pain physically and emotionally! After all that, we still kept receiving bad news after another. Got a letter in the mail that KFC's insurance will end at the end of the month because we barely make too much now. And another letter with some legal mumbo jumbo that I had to deal with. The good times at the beach were really good and KFC had a ton of fun! Just too much sadness and frustration to go along with all the good. 

I realized Sunday night that we only have 8 more weeks till KFC starts Kindergarten!!! That has had me freaked out. So I am trying to make the most of these last 8 weeks with her! I took her to Walmart to let her pick out her school supplies. She is Super excited to start school!