16 months in the making, we are finally PREGNANT!!!!
Since most people don't know about our Big News, I am keeping a journal of my pregnancy on this blog post that will be saved as a draft until I release the news, or until someone {KFC} spills the beans!
I have been charting my basal body temperatures ever since I started trying with KFC. Taking these temperatures tells you EVERYTHING going on with your cycle!!! I received a + ovulation predictor test on cycle day 19. They say you should ovulate within 12-24 hours. My temps showed exactly that, I ovulated on cycle day 20 (blue line). The slight dip and rise in temps between cycle day 26-27 is when the egg implanted! Pretty neat huh!?
4 Weeks~
February 15
February 15
Today I finally got the + pregnancy test! I woke up around 5:30am just because I couldn't sleep anymore since I knew I was planning on testing this morning. I snuck into the bathroom, took test, saw it was + , and got back in bed. Hubby had no clue! I had planned on telling him by taking a picture of KFC and I holding the test, then emailing it to him at work to see how long it took him to find it. After KFC woke up, I told her I wanted to take a funny picture to send to Daddy. She asked what was that I was holding and I told her Daddy will think this 'stick' is funny! :) After many takes with the self-timer on the camera, here is what I sent to Hubby...
Yes, we are still in our PJ's and no make-up on! KFC looks all excited/surprised and she has no clue! After sending Hubby the picture, he called within 15 minutes! He kept asking was I being serious, like I would send him a picture of a negative test to be funny! Then he mentioned how he just got more gray hair!
KFC has been asking for a brother/sister for a LONG time now! I can't wait until I can tell her! This is going to be my most favorite part of this pregnancy- seeing the look on her face, knowing she will be a big sister!!!
As for symptoms, I have had A LOT of pain associated with ovulating and the egg implanting. Lots of cramping and backaches. Yesterday my hips started hurting from the Relaxin now being produced. Today I am super bloated. Hope I can make it till 8 weeks without people wondering why I am getting fat-ER. haha
February 17
Since I have been planning this pregnancy for a long time, I have had lots of time to figure out how I wanted to share our big news. I found a cute picture on Pinterest that I knew I wanted to recreate. I enlisted our friend to help us take the picture. Here is what we finished with and what was to be sent around to the family.
I also wanted a funny one too
After the photoshoot, Hubby and KFC went home while I stayed behind to look at the pictures. When I got home KFC was all excited to know she was going to be a big sister! WHAT!??? She told hubby that mommy was pregnant (found out later she didn't know what pregnant meant, just heard us say it), so Hubby asked her was she excited to have a baby brother or sister? She was like, What? Mommy has a baby in her belly!? Now she knew for sure. Not exactly how I was wanting her to find out, especially because I wasn't there to see it, but she was SO excited none the less. We have warned her not to tell every person she meets! So far so good :)
6 Weeks~
I am now feeling SUPER tired ALL of the time! Everyday seems like a struggle to get motivated to do anything. I can't wait till my body catches up to the fact that a 'parasite' is growing within me and I start to feel more energetic. KFC has been pretty good at letting me take a nap during the day. All of my favorite TV shows seem to come on at 10pm and I can never stay awake that late to see them now. It has started to become very uncomfortable to sleep at night and I'm getting very interrupted sleep because of it. I've had very little nausea so far, just small bouts here and there. Oh yeah, I've also had LOTS of moodiness! haha sorry guys :)
The belly has definitively popped out this week! I know much of what I am seeing is the baby pushing my fat outward, but either way it is getting harder to hide this pregnancy. My hips have widened so most of my regular shirts no longer fit. I bought several maternity shirts at a consignment sale this week but they just emphasize your pregnant belly. It was easy to just wear a coat everywhere to hide my belly, but when its getting close to 80 degrees outside, my options are diminishing. So far I have lost 5 lbs since becoming pregnant!! I have no clue as to what part of my body it was lost from since I feel so huge everywhere!
According to the internet, the baby is now the size of a green pea or .25 inches. It has started to sprout eyes, ears, nose, and a chin. Its hands and feet are still webbed. Its heart is now beating and is starting to circulate blood. Grow Baby Grow!
After the photoshoot, Hubby and KFC went home while I stayed behind to look at the pictures. When I got home KFC was all excited to know she was going to be a big sister! WHAT!??? She told hubby that mommy was pregnant (found out later she didn't know what pregnant meant, just heard us say it), so Hubby asked her was she excited to have a baby brother or sister? She was like, What? Mommy has a baby in her belly!? Now she knew for sure. Not exactly how I was wanting her to find out, especially because I wasn't there to see it, but she was SO excited none the less. We have warned her not to tell every person she meets! So far so good :)
6 Weeks~
I am now feeling SUPER tired ALL of the time! Everyday seems like a struggle to get motivated to do anything. I can't wait till my body catches up to the fact that a 'parasite' is growing within me and I start to feel more energetic. KFC has been pretty good at letting me take a nap during the day. All of my favorite TV shows seem to come on at 10pm and I can never stay awake that late to see them now. It has started to become very uncomfortable to sleep at night and I'm getting very interrupted sleep because of it. I've had very little nausea so far, just small bouts here and there. Oh yeah, I've also had LOTS of moodiness! haha sorry guys :)
The belly has definitively popped out this week! I know much of what I am seeing is the baby pushing my fat outward, but either way it is getting harder to hide this pregnancy. My hips have widened so most of my regular shirts no longer fit. I bought several maternity shirts at a consignment sale this week but they just emphasize your pregnant belly. It was easy to just wear a coat everywhere to hide my belly, but when its getting close to 80 degrees outside, my options are diminishing. So far I have lost 5 lbs since becoming pregnant!! I have no clue as to what part of my body it was lost from since I feel so huge everywhere!
According to the internet, the baby is now the size of a green pea or .25 inches. It has started to sprout eyes, ears, nose, and a chin. Its hands and feet are still webbed. Its heart is now beating and is starting to circulate blood. Grow Baby Grow!


