Monday, January 30, 2012

Busy Weekend

This past weekend we were asked to watch Cousin P while K&L went away for the weekend. KFC was super excited! At the last minute, I got invited to a girls weekend in Charlotte to visit Ikea! I had never been there before and have ALWAYS wanted to go. And to go with some of my favorite people was the best part! We left around lunchtime Saturday. Itty Bitty LH was driving her parents gigantic 17 passenger van! They were planning on getting some bigger items and that van was awesome to ride in. Felt slightly invincible!


Our family had been nicely invited to go ice skating Saturday afternoon. KFC had never been and I really wanted her to go. Since we did have cousin P and I was going to be gone, I asked Chessy is she would fill in. So happy she said Yes!!! Hubby said the experience was terrible! :( KFC cried the entire time, both girls didn't want to try, it was packed, and cold. SOOO glad I missed that one! Chessy was nice enough to go and ask if they could get a refund since the girls didn't do any skating, and they gave us some lame vouchers for a free skate! If they hated it the first time, probably would hate it the second time. I am going to try and see if they will allow us to exchange them for free swimming!



Hubby even got the girls dressed and ready for the meeting Sunday! So proud! But KFC's hair is looking kinda crazy! Oh well, I think most people knew he was the one in charge of that :) Hubby said KFC ate so good with cousin P there! Love peer pressure!


The girls did great together and played a lot! Hubby even got a few things done around the house. I truly expected to come home to a completely trashed house. Less work I had to complete on Monday!

Back to my trip... We got to Charlotte around 2:30pm and went to check into our hotel. The hotel was Super nice! After some quick relaxing, we decided on food for dinner and went. Finally making it to the Ikea store around 6ish. Saturday was basically our "looking" day. They showed me how Ikea worked and I just walked around in ahhh of the place! I could have taken it ALL home! It was an endless maze of everything you could ever want! I was mostly shocked at the end to see an enormous stockroom filled with whatever you were buying.



The kitchens were ridiculously awesome!!!


I have already started a list of things I want to go back and get for the house! Right now we are about to redo our master closet and that will follow with completing our bedroom. I decided several months back that I wanted our bedroom to be gray and yellow. I found a duvet cover there I want to get. It goes perfect with what I was envisioning. 




I saw these awesome chairs and it even had a child's chair to match! I SOOO want!


This is what the van looked like after everything loaded up! Yes, us 3 girls had to load all those heaving boxes off the store shelves, maneuver it out the store and into the van! We had to work off our carb filled breakfast from that morning.


This is how much I loved this hotel! They had this long super comfy couch in there. This is me after breakfast. The hotel provided an endless buffet of  yummy breakfast food! Everything bad for you, but hey, we're on vacation! We came back to our room and I crashed. While this was one of the comfiest couches I have ever laid on, my hips were hurting by morning.


Between the two days were we there, I think we spent around 7 total hours inside Ikea! By the end of Sunday, my feet were Killing me, my neck was all tense, and I had a headache. I wasn't thinking and brought the wrong kind of shoes for all that. Definitively know for next time. All the pain was well worth it!

So glad I got to join the girls for this trip, totally been needing something like this!