This year I planned on taking KFC to the zoo on Thanksgiving day since its usually not very busy then. After thinking about how Hubby had off that Thursday and Friday, I figured now would be a good time to take a long weekend at the beach! We haven't been since July!!! I decided that KFC and I would go down with Papa the Thursday before and stay the whole next week through. I knew Hubby needed some time to himself around the house to get whatever done his heart pleased without the wife and kid to bother him! Hubby also had a concert to go to that Sunday which was nice since I didn't have to worry about when he would be getting home.
Papa took KFC to the park and over to the beach a lot the first few days we were there. This was so nice to have someone else actually WANT to take her and play and I could just (somewhat) relax. Papa went back home Sunday and came back Tuesday night. KFC and I were basically left without a car for 2 days. I knew we had the golf cart to use if we wanted to go anywhere... I think it was Friday when we figured out that the golf cart was BROKEN!!!! Ahhhhhh! How did we possibly survive before the golf cart???!!! But it was okay since the beach as well as the park is in walking distance. I needed the exercise and its nice to be able to walk to the park, unlike at home where you NEED a car for everything! Hubby came down to join us after work that following Wednesday. I just knew that when he came down I would be free and clear of kid duties... Hubby started having an allergic reaction to something down there, which we didn't figure out this is what was wrong with him till Sunday, so he was not as 'involved' as he wanted to be. By Sunday, he was jacked up on Benedryl, couldn't see, and was sleepy. Overall we had a great time down there. Here are pictures of the trip:
The first morning we were there, KFC climbed up on the couch with her Papa.
One of the first trips to the park, KFC found herself a 'boy friend'. This little boy was playing with another little boy and when KFC got there, he totally ditched the other boy and started playing with her! His friend got mad and went off mumbling and Not happy! Lol! This new 'boy friend' asked KFC is she knew who Justin Bieber is!!! Bahahaha! His parents asked him if he was going to sing a Bieber song to KFC!
Spinning on the seat thing
Surfing!
Shell Bra
A little lop-sided!
I go in to check on KFC before I go to bed and this is how I found her one night, completely sideways! I didn't move her because the night before she fell out and I figured that she was less likely to fall like this.
We went to eat lunch with Papa's family and on the way there I said how I would love to stop at one of the many cotton fields to show KFC what it was. On the way back Papa pulled over for us to get a better look at it! KFC said it looked like a small pillow.
We spent the majority of Friday and Saturday on the beach. It was oddly warm for the end of November!!! We started out in shorts and short sleeves and by the time the sun set it had gotten chilly!
Silhouettes
Our family portrait. I got the idea for the seashell faces on Pintrest {best website ever invented!}
Hubby and KFC made a sand doggie and decorated it with shells
Papa started this 'mote' and Hubby finished digging it around.
My crazy child wanted to get in the water. Tired of telling her no, I pulled her jeans off and let her at it.
KFC found a little girl on the beach that was her same age, only 2 months apart. They hit it off right from the beginning! They played together both days on the beach. The were staying only 4 houses down from us too! She was the sweetest little girl. We stopped by her house to get her address before we left Sunday for them to become pen pals. Before leaving the little girl gave KFC a hug and a kiss and told her she loved her! OMG I just wanted to take her with us!
Saturday night we heard that there was going to be a boat parade with lights at another beach near us. It seems like something different to go do, so we went. None of us had ever gone and totally didn't know what to expect! The island was PACKED and there were people walking from far away with blankets and chairs in tow. I figured we would never find a parking spot and even if we did we would be walking forever. Plus we didn't bring any chairs or blankets!!! At the very end of the main road that the parade was to finish at, we found a small parking lot, walked a small distance and WAITED and WAITED and WAITED! From the boats going at snail speed and the track that there were taking, it was 1 hour and 15 minutes of standing until we saw the first boat!!! Determined to see at least one boat for having to stand so long is the only reason we stayed! It was pretty neat to see the boats all decked out in thousands of lights but probably not worth the cold and sore feet!
It was a good 10 days at the beach. Very warm weather and only 1 night of rain. I'm glad to have time away from home but am also glad to now be back home. Now back to reality of our daily lives!
















