Thursday, July 21, 2011

Down By The River

Last Friday I took KFC to the Eno. I discovered a section of the Eno that I never knew existed. I thought I knew of all the entrances but I was missing one, or maybe more??? I dressed KFC in her bathing suit, packed our lunch, and off we went. After finding the correct entrance, we hiked down a little to find the river. We followed a child's laughter straight to the water. There was already a family down to the left of the beach area swimming where is was a little deeper. The water felt pretty good. The weather that day was also awesome! High was in the mid-80's with little humidity. A very nice break from the 100+ heat index we had and still have been having.


There was a little bench that we sat our stuff on. KFC quickly undressed to her bathing suit and into the water she went. After walking a few feet into the water, KFC told me "Mom, you need to tell the man not to put so many rocks in here!". Who is this 'man'... I guess the guy that made the river??? All I could do was laugh and think, wow have I really sheltered my child from this awesome place and she has no clue what a river is like! 


I guess people over time have come along and made a circle out of the river rocks. Water still ran through it so it stayed pretty cool and clear. I was afraid it was going to be still icky water. There were little fish in there swimming around. The bottom left picture is KFC peeing!!! Guess she got used to doing it in the ocean!


KFC had fun trying to catch the little fish with her cup, jumping in the water, and throwing big rocks!


After about an hour playing, we headed back to our bench to enjoy our lunch.


I have no clue what she was saying, but she was pretending to yell something and listen back. IDK?


After we ate and got KFC back in dry clothes, we headed down the river to a mini waterfall area. On our way back KFC spotted two boys swimming to the falls. I was surprised how deep it was because they couldn't touch the bottom. Their mom was following along with them but walking down the trail. She stopped and talked to KFC and was telling us that the other way was a jumping bridge that the kids love. We had to get going that day, but we will be back to check out the other trails around there! KFC is known to be very lazy and not wanting to walk any trails, but this day she had a blast running up ahead of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment