Sunday, October 3, 2010

Kaile's First Camping Trip!

The first day there we unpacked, put up our tents, blew up out air mattresses and covered them with MANY blankets since the lows at night were going to be in the upper 40's. We brought two kid chairs with us so that Kaile and Piper could sit together. And as you can see they went right to sitting in them! Kaile did however have total possession over the pink chair and absolutely flipped out when Piper tried to sit in it! We are still working on sharing! :)
The first night I attempted to make Kaile some SpongeBob Mac and Cheese. It was from one of those cup things where you just add water and microwave it for it to cook. Since we were all out of microwaves and for some reason POTS, I had to cook her noodles in a frying pan! This is the picture that Cheslee snapped of me attempting to do this. It did however come out perfect and Kaile ate almost the entire container.
If you know Cheslee, she always has the camera either taking a picture of herself, or herself with someone else! This picture is just the start of her many pictures that she took this trip. There are lots more to come...
and here we go... Of course all the pictures have to be with some crazy look on the faces...
All teeth
Good picture of Chelsee, not so much from Bryan
 Chelsee looks angry while Bryan looks like he is on 'something'
Someone snapped a picture of crazy Justin, I think this picture came from Bryan
Because this was the next picture in line. Poor Kevin didn't even know it was coming :)
But he caught on quickly
All of us sitting and talking around the campfire, and a few others playing Phase 10 at the picnic table.
The next day we brought Kaile's bike out, but of course there were many tears shed because Kaile did not want to share! All we wanted was for the kids to have lots of fun, but all Kaile wanted to do what fight over a toy. The kids did eventually have fun playing with a Frisbee and a football, and just being kids playing in between the campsites!
To say the least, our campsites were VERY rocky! Right beside our site were a bunch of big rocks that the kids liked playing on. Here is Kaile sitting on the ledge of the biggest rock.
One of my favorite pictures. Kaile getting lots of love from her daddy!
In gymnastics a few weeks ago, they learned to do the hands up pose and saying "Tada!". So here is Kaile showing it off.
Wonder what Judy was looking for???
Maybe she was looking for this crazy man trying to hold up the rock!?
All the kids, big and little, playing on top of the rock.
This is my absolute favorite picture! Kaile NEVER turns to look at the camera, so I sat far away, zoomed in, then called her name. I got the perfect picture of her very cute face with her tiny pigtails. LOVE IT!
Here are the kids patiently waiting on the park bench right before we went on a trail to see a waterfall. Wasn't a big waterfall, but it was a very non-strenuous trail that was only 0.2 of a mile. Perfect for the little ones.
I had to snap this shot because the girls, and Bryan, looked so cute walking hand and hand together!
The girls had climbed up to get a better look at the overlook. Look at how much longer Kaile's legs are than Pipers! And they are only 10 months apart.
We finally made it to the waterfall. First thing the kids wanted to do was to take off their shoes and socks and get in the water! After Bryan took off Kaile's shoes and socks I made her sit there so I could get a picture, as you can tell she is not happy to wait.
Here is the tiny waterfall that we walked to. Although it was tiny, it was still very pretty.
Here is Kaile deciding if it is warm enough to stick her feet into.
It wasn't, but she went on in anyway. All the kids had so much fun walking around in the water down there. There were many big rocks too that they could explore. This is where we spent most of our time. Wasn't spectacular for the adults, but the kids were ecstatic! And this trip was to be all about them :)
I had to get a picture of Kaile's feet against the wet rock. Look how pretty her freshly painted toes looked!
Here is Lee-Ann trying to look like a professional photographer. I can't wait to see her pictures, because she had to have taken a couple hundred of them.
And to end the trip and my photos, here we are back to Chelsee taking picture of her and Kaile together! I love the fact that Kaile is almost an identical replica of her Aunt Chess-eee. Look at Kaile already getting into the crazy faces with her pictures! They share MANY other traits, but I'll just focus on this one, haha! :)
and again...
 
Last but not least.

The trip overall was alot of fun!! I'm glad we all were able to get together to do this. I am also glad that Kaile and the rest of the kids had a great time. No one was scared of it getting dark or of having to sleep in a tent in the woods. I was very proud and excited to see Kaile enjoying herself on this new adventure. She was sad to find out this morning that we were going to leave today to go back home. I really want to take her again when we can go for a long weekend. I think it will be too cold any time later this year to go again. But when it starts warming up for the spring, we will definitely do this again, especially when "others"(not to mention names :) ) will be able to join us!

2 comments:

  1. Okay - let me try this again. I really love all the pictures. I still might snatch a few for my blog so even more people can enjoy the beautiful children. Glad it was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you all had fun! Hopefully I'll be able to come in the spring! :-D

    ReplyDelete